- Invocation - Tamil Thai Vazhthu
- Welcome Address - Prof. K Muthukumar, HBS
- College Annual Report - Dr. R. Ramesh, Director, HBS
- Presidential Address - Shri. J. Jayaraman, Managing Trustee, HBS
- Introduction of the Guest of Honour - Prof Senthil K Nathan, HBS
- Honouring the Chief Guest - Trustee, HBS
- Address by the Guest of Honour - Shri A S Ananthakrishnan, Managing Director, CEEYES & Chairman, CII Trichy Zone
- Introduction of Chief Guest - Prof G Karthikeyan, HBS
- Honouring the Chief Guest - Shri. J. Jayaraman, Managing Trustee, HBS
- Chief Guest Address - Dr A Amalraj, IPS Commissioner of Police, Trichy
- Prize Distribution - By the Chief Guest & Guest of Honor
- Declaration of Awardees
- Vote of Thanks - Prof. Dr A L Alagappan, HBS
- National Anthem
ACADEMIC REPORT 2015 – 2016
Distinguished guest on and off the dais, ladies and gentlemen, Good evening to one and all present here.
It gives me immense pleasure to present the brief report on the academic and extracurricular activities of Hallmark Business School for the academic year 2016-2017. This academic year is certainly a milestone in Hallmark History as we have done the maximum to enhance the MBA programme. To improve the academic rigor, reality in learning and overall performance and development of the students, HBS organized various programs during the academic year 2016-2017. They are classified into 18 specific areas namely
MoU with Yi – YUVA
HBS signed MoU with Yi – YUVA on 27th July 2017 and HBS Yi-YUVA centre was inaugurated by Shri Prative Chend Balasubramanian, Member YUVA Team, Yi National & CEO of CARE Group of Institutions. Mr R Senthilnathan, Chair, YUVA, Yi Trichy Chapter & MD, RIBO Industries presented YUVA Plan for Trichy. They Interacted with the students on how Yi – YUVA can be an effective platform for them to learn and develop leadership skills for personal development and nation building activities.
Independence Day Celebration
HBS celebrated 71st Independence Day at campus. Shri N Rajangam, Trustee, Sivagami Ramasamy Educational and Charitable Trust, hoisted the tricolour and addressed the students
10th Batch MBA Inauguration
Dr P Sureshkumar, Mentor & Director – Industrial Consultancy, KIT inaugurated 10th Batch MBA on 21st August 2017. In his address he insisted upon ‘ASK’ – Attitude, Skill and Knowledge for the new entrants to become a successful professional in the field of management. He emphasised that Attitude is the most important endogenous factor with in oneself that determines his or her success in life.
I MBA Orientation Program
HBS organised an intensive and focused orientation for the 10th Batch students from 21st to 26th August 2017. The objective of the program is to assist students to develop an understanding of Management Education, its social relevance, its teaching – learning processes and to familiarize them with faculty, staff, seniors, institute resources and Code of conducts. HBS engaged experts from industry, academia and HBS Faculty to orient the students towards MBA program at HBS.
- Dr S Iyyampillai, Profeessor (Retd.), Department of Economics, BDU, Trichy interacted with students on ‘How to Face Challenges in Life?’ on 21st August 2017
- Mr G Shivaraj, Head – Career Management & Placements, TSM, Madurai interacted with students on ‘Corporate Expectations & Career Management’ on 22nd August 2017
- Dr P Ramajayam, Assistant Professor, Centre for Study of Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy, BDU, Trichy interacted with students on ‘Social Relevance of Management Studies’ on 22nd August 2017
- Dr S N Rahavendran, Assosiate Professor, BIM, Trichy interacted with students on ‘Why MBA?’ on 22nd August 2017
- Prof. K Ananth, Director Blue Hat Academy, interacted with students on ‘Corporate Lingo” on 23rd August 2017
- Mr.S M Rajkumar, Manager – HR, Vitae International Accounting Services Pvt. Ltd interacted with students on ‘Integrity, Transparency & Independence for Excellence in the Profession’ on 24th August 2017
- Mr S Manoharan, Deputy Manager – HR, Administration & CSR, BHEL, Trichy interacted with students on ‘Career Aspirations & Competency Profile of Corporate Aspirants’ on 24th august 2017
- Dr K Elavazhagan, Librarian & Chief Knowledge Officer, IIM, Trichy interacted with students on ‘Effective uses of Learning Resources’ on 26th August 2017
The orientation included sessions on ‘Ice Breaking’ by Prof Senthil K Nathan, ‘Know your B-School’ by Dr R Ramesh, ‘Professional Etiquettes’ and ‘Thinking Exercise’ by Dr AL Alagappan, ‘Team Building’ by Prof B Dineshkumar and ‘Academic Integrity’ by Prof K Muthukumar. Distinguished Alumi and seniors interacted with new entrants to orient them towards the professional approach to MBA.
7th Graduation Day
7th Graduation Day of HBS held on 3rd September 2017. Dr S Selladurai, Additional Registrar, Anna University was the chief Guest. He distributed the degree certificates to the graduates and delivered the Graduation Day Address.
Blue Ocean Dialogue at HBS
Yi YUVA Trichy Chapter conducted Blue Ocean Dialogue at HBS on 19.09.2017. Students presented their business ideas in teams. Mr R Senthilnathan and Mr Rathinakumar of Yi YUVA Trichy Chapter evaluated the business ideas and gave insights to further developing them into bankable business plans.
Explore 17 – Version 2.0
HBS organised Explore17 – Version 2.0 an adventurous management meet on 8th November 2017, first of its kind in Tamilnadu to provide a platform for young graduates to explore their leadership skills and team player qualities. Thirty five teams from various institutions participated and experienced the adventure and thrill in the events of the game. Winners were awarded with cash prizes.
Heartfullness Meditation Club Inauguration
Dr M Sundararaman, Professor and Head, Department of Marine Biotechnology, BDU, Trichy inaugurated the club on 8th November 2017. He further interacted with students on ‘Meditation and Scientific Facts Behind’. HBS believes that mediation will help young management learners to be aware of self and to realize the full potential of them
Faculty Development Program
HBS is working on a model to bring in behavioural and professional transformation among the students. It requires intensive and effective mentoring by the faculty members. HBS organised a three-day workshop mode FDP for its faculty members from 8th to 10th December 2017. The objective of the workshop is to help get in touch with the self of the faculty members and by knowing thyself getting to unearth their capabilities of becoming powerful guides and mentors. Oneself blossoms to help others blossom. Dr S N Raghavendra, Associate Professor of BIM , an eminent OD interventionist was the resource person of the workshop
Republic Day Celebration
HBS celebrated 69th Repblic Day at Campus on 26 January 2018. Dr E Ramasamy, Advisor, HBS hoisted the tricolor flag and addressed the srudents
HBS organized 5th Student conference under the banner Connect 2018- a state level intercollegiate paper presentation competition on 2nd and 3rd February 2018. 150 students from various colleges participated and presented their papers in functional areas of management. The top three best papers in the functional areas were awarded. Dr Tamilselvi, HoD, BBA, Cauvery College for Women and HBS faculty team acted as judges for the presentation tracks.
Shri R Krihsnamurthy 2nd Memorial Lecture held on 24th February 2018. The lecture Series is organised every year in honor of Shri R Krishnamurty, the Founder Chairman of HBS. This year Shri. Vijay Kapoor, Founder and Managing Director of DERBY Jeans Community, Chennai delivered the memorial lecture. He honored the toppers in academic performance with books. Shri J Jayaraman, Managing Trustee, HBS presided over the function, Dr.P.Selvaraj, Chairman, Shivani Group of Institutions and Dr E Ramasay, Adviser, HBS felicitated the gathering.
Shri R Krishnamurty Memorial Award for Excellence
Every year Hallmark presents Shri R Krishnamurty Memorial Award for Excellence to eminent socially committed leader from the industry. This year Shri Vijay Kapoor, Founder and Managing Director of DERBY Jeans Community, Chennai is awarded in recognition of his accomplishment in business and for his vision “To create 1000 first generation Entrepreneurs by franchising Derby Jeans Community Globally, thereby putting India on the Fashion Map of the world by 31st March 2025”
HBS organized an inter-college cultural fest for undergraduate students on 2nd March 2018. 160 students from various colleges across Tamilnadu participated in 9 events, one minute video, hi-koo, dub smash, RJ hunt, whatsap war, pencil sketching, dejavu, mime and photography. Top three teams in each event are awarded with prices. Dr A Sumathi and Dr R Mangayarkarasi of SRC, Trichy, Mr T Saravanan and Ms Dharshini Ram from Suryan FM, Ms S Suganya and Ms Priya, Alumni of HBS acted as judges for the events.
HBS organized Tulip 2018- the pink event for ultimate women’s day out to celebrate Women’s Day on 9th March 2018. 150 female students from various college participated in events like solo singing, solo dancing, just a moment, mehandhi, hair do, dub smash, group dancing and kadha solla poraen.
Parents Teachers Meeting
HBS strongly believes in continuous engagement with the stakeholders as it enables us to understand the expectations and aspirations of them. As a part of this Parents Teachers meeting was organized on 12th April 2018, it turned out to be an excellent engagement where parents expressed their satisfaction and appreciation towards the program, academic rigor and grooming of the students. Parents had individual discussions with all the faculty members and the mentors of their wards regarding their performance. It helped us to understand the expectations of the parents and HBS is committed to meet the same.
HBS organised its fourth National Conference on ‘Management Challenges & Strategies for Competitiveness’ on 5th November 2016. The conference attracted around 35 research papers from academicians and research scholars from various institutions. As a part of the conference, knowledge sessions were organised. Eminent speakers from academia and industry interacted with the participants Dr S N Raghavendra, Professor, BIM, Trichy interacted on ‘Emotional Intelligence’, Dr A G V Narayanan, Dean-FoM, Builders Engineering College, Kangeyam interacted on ‘Customer 1st’, Dr Muruganantham, Associate Professor, NIT – Trichy interacted on “Marketing Strategies for Competitiveness’ and Prof K Balasubramanian, Managing Director, Creative Management Consultancy, Trichy interacted on ‘Entrepreneurship Opportunities”Select research papers were published in ‘International Journal on Management Review’ – an in-house internal journal of HBS.
HBS – Center for Entrepreneurship Development has initiated Startup Cafe- an initiative in which stories of Startups will be presented by the Students on every Wednesday and so far 16 editions were completed. It is expected to infuse entrepreneurial spirit and agility among the students.
- IIPC has organised CEO Connect on 28th October 2017. Mr. R Kamalavel, CEO, Mallow Technologies interacted with students.
Industry Experts’ Interactions
- Mr Abdul Aleem Abdul Kader, HR Officer -Qatar Fertilizer Company interacted with II MBA students on ‘Recruitment Process in International Companies’ on 20th July 2017
- Mr Ravichandran Ramasamy, Senior Media Buying Manager, Group Marketing , AL-Futtaim Pvt.Ltd, Dubai interacted with students on ‘Media Marketing ,Advertising & Sales’ on 27th July 2017
- Mr Suresh, General Secretary of Indian Bank Employees’ Union(IBEU) interacted with students on ‘Trade Union Practices’ on 14th August 2017
- Mr V Alagappan, Charted Accountant, Vruksha &Co interacted with students on ‘Impact of GST – Business Perspective’ on 26th October 2017
- Mr R Rajasekar, Manager-Shares, KVB interacted with students on ‘Decision Making’ on 28th October 2017
- Mr.Joseph Raj-Manager,HR-ONGC Ltd interacted with students on 12th February 2018
- Mr. Suresh Kumar R, Operations Manager, NaRDil interacted with Students
Academic Experts’ Interactions
- Dr A Mohamed Riyazhkhan, Department of Business studies, Higher College of Technology, Muscat interacted with students on ‘Conceptual Framework of TQM Tools for Managers, on 8th August 2017
- Dr Prasanna Balaji, Director & Head-Physical Education Department, National College, Trichy interacted with students on ‘Living Skills through Sports’ on 29th August 2017
E-Talk Series – Entrepreneurs Talk
- Mr Jujun A, Director, JRJ SAE Foods India (P) Ltd shared his experiences in his journey as an entrepreneur with students on 10th August 2017
- Mr S Kishore, Managing Partner, SK Cars, Trichy interacted with students on his entrepreneurial journey on 9th November 2017
- Mr. G. Suresh Kumar, Co-Founder of MAcApp Studio, Chennai interacted with students and shared his experience as a first generation entrepreneur on 20th February 2018
Faculty Development Program
HBS is working on a model to bring in behavioural and professional transformation among the students. It requires intensive and effective mentoring by the faculty members. HBS organised a three-day workshop mode FDP for its faculty members from 8th to 10th December 2017. The objective of the workshop is to help get in touch with the self of the faculty members and by knowing thyself getting to unearth their capabilities of becoming powerful guides and mentors. Oneself blossoms to help others blossom. Dr S N Raghavendra, Associate Professor of BIM , an eminent OD interventionist was the resource person of the workshop.
HBS regularly organizes workshops in different functional areas of management to bring in practice oriented learning and for improving life skills among the students. The following is the list of workshops organized in 2017-18:
- SEBI Sponsored Workshop on “Financial Planning for Young Investors” was organized for I MBA students on 27th March 2018. Mr. P. Sivarajadhanavel, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Management Studies, Kongu Engineering College was the resource person
- Workshop on “Enhancing Employability Skills” was organized on 4th April 2018. Prof M. Mahendran, Director -Training, Placement & Corporate Relations, St Joseph College was the resource person
Training and Development
- A team of MBA students participated in a month long Entrepreneurship Development Program organised by Amirtha University from 15th June to 15th July 2017
- Prof G Karthikeyan was deputed to an Exclusive Session on ‘Business Model Canvas’ by Mr Manick Rajendran, Founder & CEO, iMMi Life Healthcare Pvt. Ltd on 28th July 2017
- A team of II MBA students along with Prof. K Muthukumar participated in a session on ‘Romancing the Balance sheet’ by Dr Anil Lamba, organised by CII on 3rd August 2017
- A team of I MBA students along with Prof G Karthikeyan participated in ‘Startup Trichy’ organised by Care School of Business on 23rd September 2017
- Team of MBA students along with Prof G Karthikeyan participated in Global Youth Initiative Week organised by Young Indians, The John Maxwell Team and Renergetics Consulting, Singapore on 11th October 2017
- II MBA students along with Dr AL Alagappan participated in CXO Connect program organised by Yi – Young Indians on 6th November 2017. Dr V Damodaran, CEO & MD of Ameex Technologies was the speaker.
- II MBA HR students along with Dr AL Alagappan, participated in a program on ‘Digital HR Challenges & Opportunities’ organised by NHRD Trichy Chapter on 18th November 2017.
- II MBA students along with Dr R Ramesh, Director, HBS attended a program on ‘Tamil Cinema – Sonnathum Sollathathum’ by film director Mr. Karuppaiya Pazhaniyappan
- Mr P Gopalakrishnan, Librarian participated in a Global Conference on ‘Emerging Trends in Business Librarianship ETBL 2017’ Organised by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad from21st to 22nd November 2017
- Prof K Muthukumar participated in a six-day Executive Development Program on ‘Introduction to Investments’ organised by Sastra Deemed University from 4th to 9th December 2017’.
- A team of students attended Start-up Trichy event and interacted with Mr. K.R.V Ganesan, Managing Director – Aswin’s Sweets and Snacks on 7th April 2018
- A team of students participated in a workshop on ‘Power of Public Speaking’ by Mr. Suresh Kumar on 10th April 2018
- A team of I MBA students visited Theeran Nagar Sandi for practical learning on 22nd April 2018
- A team of I MBA students visited Manal Sirpa kankatchi on 22nd April 2018
Students’ Participations and Achievements
- A team of II MBA students participated in EXIMIUS 2017, a two-day Entrepreneur summit at IIM, Bangalore held on 5th and 6th August 2017. Students participated in B-plans, Workshops and Pitching to VC in Panel discussions.
- A team of II MBA students participated in a Business Plan Competition organised by Easwari Engineering College , Chennai on 8th August 2017
- HBS students Ms. Shirly S and Ms Tamil Elakkiya S presented the findings of their study on training program effectiveness and employee attrition at Sangam Hotels, Trichy during their internship. They presented their findings to Group General Manager, GM, Corporate Training Manager and Department Heads of Sangam Hotels.
- A team of I MBA students participated in various event in FIRMA’17 organised by Bishop Heber College, Trichy and won Second Place in Business Plan Competition
- Finance students participated in ‘Stock War’ a virtual trading contest organised by JIM
- 5 II MBA students presented papers in an International Conference organised by Bon Secours College for Women, Thanjavur on 27th September 2017. Ms Shirly S of II MBA received ‘Best Paper Award’ for her paper.
- A team of I MBA students participated in TIECOONS, and intercollegiate meet organised by Jamal Muhammad College, Trichy and won ‘Overall Best Management Team’ title.
- A team I MBA students participated in Progyan’17, a National Level Management Meet organised by School of Management, Sastra Deemed University. Team HBS was the ‘Overall Runners’ of the event.
- HBS observed Vigilance Awareness Week by organizing elocution competition and a debate on corruption in association with Dena Bank. Mr M S Sathishkumar, Chief Manager and Mr Vinayak of Dena Bank honoured the winners of elocution and participants of the debate with cash prizes and certificates
- A team of II MBA Students presented papers in National Conference organised by School of Management Studies, Jai ShriRam Group of Institutions, Tiruppur.
- A team of I MBA students involved in the process of HR Digitization in Apollo Hospitals, Trichy from 8th to 10th April 2018.HR manuals and records are digitized with the assistance of the students team from HBS.
Students’ Volunteering Activities
- HBS Students took oath of allegiance to the New India Movement (2017-22) on 9th August 2017, thereby committing themselves towards Nation Building.
- Students organised games and events for car free Sunday activities of The Hindu Newspaper on 20th August 2017
- Students participated in marathon for creating awareness about organ donation organised by CII Trichy Chapter, Yi- Young Indians and Kauvery Hospitals on 24th September 2017
- Students coordinated interschool level competition for school children belonging to schools in Manikandam Block on 30th November 2017
- Under Social out Reach Club, I MBA students participated in a week long ‘No Food Waste’ awareness campaign among the public for No Food Waste NGO in Trichy.
- II MBA students coordinated ‘Pen Indru’ program of Tamil Hindu Newspaper held on 3rd December 2017
- HBS Social Club Members coordinated a Medical Camp organised by Sharon NGO at Santhapuram on 17th December 2017
HBS Contributions to the Society
- HBS associated with The Hindu Newspaper for a program on ‘GST Awareness program & its implications’ held on 28th June 2017. The program benefited students, corporate employees and entrepreneurs.
- Under Social out Reach Club, HBS organised a one-day computer awareness program for primary school children on 24th November 2017.
- HBS was the venue sponsor for FAMFEST’17, a mega celebration of Doctor’s Day.
- HBS Social Out Reach Club conducted a one-day Workshop on ‘Phonetics’ for Government Primary School Teachers of Manikandam Block on 16th December 2017
- HBS conducted a three-day ‘Computer Literacy Program, for Primary School Teachers of Manikandam Block on 27th, 28th and 30th December 2017. Mr C Kishanth, System Administrator was the resource
HBS thrives to put students on right career path which best suits their innate qualities rather than placing them on jobs. Customization of placements has been tried at HBS and the results are encouraging to take it forward. Students are assessed for their innate qualities, skill sets and personality traits to best suit them with right career. I am happy to say that ss on 30th April 2018, students got 45 offers from companies belonging to FMCG, Banking, Financial Services, Manufacturing and IT Sectors.
- 2 students are placed with City Union Bank as Senior Associates with a CTC of 4.47 Lakhs
- 8 students are placed with City Union Bank as Junior Associates with a CTC of Rs. 3.81 Lakhs
- 12 students are placed with Anil Foods as Sales Executives with a CTC of Rs.2 lakhs
- 3 students are placed with Catholic Syrian Bank as relationship Executive with a CTC of 2.4 Lakhs
- 1 students are placed with Karvy as Equity Advisor with a CTC of 2 Lakhs
- 1 student are placed with Tinkrbot as Business Development Executive with a CTC of 2.5 lakhs
- 3 students are placed with Kotak Mahindra Bank as Executives with a CTC of 2.2 Lakhs
- 2 Students are placed with Roots Industries as Commercial Trainee with a CTC of 1.8 Lakhs
- 1 Student is placed with Muthoot Finance as Probotaion Officer with a CTC of 2.27 lakhs
- 2 students are placed with ICICI Securities as Sr. Relationship Manager with a CTC of 3.5 lakhs
- 9 students are placed with IDBI Federal Insurance as Team Leader with a CTC of 3.5 Lakhs
- 1 student is placed with Ramco Cements as Sales Trainee with a CTC of 5.78 Lakhs
- The lowest salary is Rs.2 lakhs, highest Salary is Rs 5.75 lakhs and the Average salary is Rs.3.05 Lakhs
- I MBA students visited TNPL Karur on 28th October 2017.
- As a practical component for the course TQM, I MBA Students visited TVS Motor Company’s Plants at Hosur on 28th November 2017. The Students got real good exposure on assembly line production and TQM practices at TVS.
Colours of Life at HBS
- Heritage Tour – HBS organised heritage tour in the trails of The Great Cholas on 30th July 2017. The visit included Gangai Konda Cholapuram and Tanjore Big Temple. II MBA students and faculty team participated in the heritage tour.
- Seniors welcomed the juniors to HBS by throwing a party on 26th August 2017. The party was full of fun filled games and events for the juniors.
- HBS celebrated Onam on 4th September 2017. Students had fun filled games and events.
- Teacher’s Day Celebration- students celebrated Teachers Day on 5th September 2017 with their cultural performances & Moon light dinner with faculty members.
- I MBA students enjoyed ‘Aram’ movie along with faculty members on 16th November at LA Cinemas
- HBS celebrated ‘Christmas’ on 20th December 2017.
- Tamilar Thirunal “Pongal” was grandly celebrated on 12th January 2018
- Juniors bid adieu to the seniors in the Farewell Party on 24th February 2018.
- HPL – HBS Premier League, an intra college sports and cultural competition was organized for the students during the month of February 2018. Students participated under the banners Gladiators, Spartans, Vyuga and Rockfort Royals. Students exhibited their sports talents in cricket, Carrom, Shuttle, shotput, throw ball, chess, Kho-Kho, Volley ball and cultural talents in mime, solo singing, group singing, solo dancing, group dancing, dubsmash, footnotes, RJ hunt and Ramp walk under the banner Rythum 2018. The Overall champions of HPL will be shortly announced.
HBS Accolades in 2016-17
- HBS is a CRISIL rated Institution
- Ranked 19th Amongst Top 20 Emerging B-school Of India By Higher Education Review 2017
- HBS Has Been Rated As One Of The Best Top B-schools In Tamil Nadu & India By Businessline 2017
- HBS has been rated as AA+ BY Careers 360 in the year 2017.
- Ranked 3rd Amongst Best B-schools In Trichy By Business Today,2016
Road map for HBS
- HBS is taking many initiatives to strengthen the MBA programme offered and thereby to differentiate ourselves in the field of management education.
- We are planning to get NAAC accreditation by the end of the Academic Year 2019-20
- We are planning to become an Autonomous Institution by 2022
At this juncture let me thank the management, Faculty members, students, Alumni, recruiters, media and people from corporate for their contribution in all our endeavors. We solicit the support of all stakeholders in our future endeavors and in the making of HBS as a reputed business school in this part of the country.
Thank you one and all ……..